You speak, I listen.
Someone commented on the DIY Giveaway that they’d like a recipe for baby lotion. This is basically just a re-working of another recipe that I’ve been making for a LONG time, but it works wonderfully for both aged and new skin. I’m planning on using it for our baby’s bottom when he gets here!
DIY Baby Lotion
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup beeswax (3.5 oz)
- Beeswax is a natural barrier. It resists moisture and helps to keep babies’ bottoms dry. Additionally it is anti-bacterial and will help to ward away infection.
- 2 cup jojoba (10 oz. )
- Jojoba, like coconut oil has a long shelf life. It is extremely moisturizing and helps the lotion to be easily spread on soft baby skin
- 1 cup coconut oil (7 oz)
- I love coconut oil so much that I did a whole blog post about it! See it here
- Lavender (Lavendula angustifolia) Essential Oil
- This is one of the only approved essential oils for babies. I love it so much I’ve also done another blog post about it! See it here
How to make it:
- Melt the beeswax in a double boiler
- Add in coconut oil
- Add in jojoba oil
- Let all ingredients melt together, then take off heat
- Add in 40-50 drops of Lavender Essential Oil and pour into containers (this batch makes 4-5, 4 oz containers)
How to use it:
- Diaper Cream
- Cradle Cap
- After bath
- On hands/feet to protect
- As a nighttime soother
- For breastfeeding moms on sensitive areas
I’ll update you on how it works with our baby just as soon as I can!