Anyone else suffering from a cold? After the bustle of the holidays, my hubby came down with a nasty bug. You know what that means – Wise Wife to the rescue!
Congestion Calmer Blend
- Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus globulus) – 150 drops – Not only is Eucalyptus excellent for headaches, it also is a very effective decongestant and expectorant. It increases blood flow to the head and helps to breakdown mucus. You’ll notice that Eucalyptus is extremely potent! (Note- do not diffuse Eucalyptus essential oil with children under 10 due to it’s high 1,8 cineole content)
- Rosemary (Rosemarinus officinalis) – 100 drops – Rosemary soothes inflammation, reduces fever, and also is a decongestant and expectorant. It warms the area and will increase blood and oxygen circulation. (Note: do not use Rosemary if pregnant or breastfeeding)
- Tea Tree (Metaleuca alternifolia) – 75 drops – Tea Tree destroys bacteria, fungus, and viruses. It stimulates immune function and like all other oils in this blend is a decongestant and expectorant. It is my “go-to” oil when I start to feel a cold coming on!
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) – 50 drops – Lavender gives this blend a softer scent, but is just as powerful of a decongestant as all of the other oils. Additionally, Lavender is antibacterial and helps to restore vitality.
Congestion Calmer Rub
- Melt beeswax in double boiler (or makeshift one like mine!)
- Add in Shea butter and Jojoba oil
- Once all is melted, take off heat
- Add in 50 drops of the congestion calmer blend
- Pour into containers