We’ve had a lot of snow lately, and I’ve been stuck in the house for three days straight! I’m going crazy!
Being 9 months pregnant – I decided it was a good idea NOT to venture out to the grocery store… but I wanted to wash some of the baby clothes and prepare our bags for the hospital.
However, the one thing I did have handy was soap – lots of unscented castile bar soap (I usually keep 3-4 pounds stocked).
I found this recipe at This Big Happy and decided to give it a try. Of course – I made it a little more my own.
- 1 c. Baking Soda
- 1/3 c. Salt
- 5.3 oz Soap (approx. 1 bar)
- 2 cups water (I ended up adding a little extra)
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Grate the soap. This takes a long time if you use a regular grater like I did. You can also use a food processer to speed up the process.
- Add in the salt and baking soda
- Stir together
- Add in water
- Whisk until all is combined
- Pour into jars, add a few drops of the Lavender
- Shake it up
- Use around 1/3 cup with a full load of laundry