Two weeks ago we had an addition to the Wise Wife Soaps family! Our little bean was born on February 23rd at 9:05 AM!
Needless to say, since then we’ve had many late nights… which lead to lots of dark circles under our eyes. I was curious as to what I could do to lessen the severity of my dark circles, so I did some research and came up with this blend.
What are dark circles?
Dark circles under the eyes are mainly cause by the capillaries leaking blood under the skin. This sounds scary – but it is actually just a type of bruising. Quite often tired eyes are accompanied by bags, dark shadows, and bloodshot eyes. Of course, the best way to fix this problem is to get some sleep! Unfortunately, that isn’t always possible.
While tiredness is the primary cause of dark circles, other causes include:
- Lack of sleep
- Pigmentation issues
- Thinning of skin under the eyes with age
- Broken blood vessels
Essential Oil Blend for Dark Circles
- Witch Hazel (1 tbsp) – acts as an astringent to tighten skin under eyes.
- Vitamin E Oil (2 capsules) – nourishes and tightens skin
- German Chamomile – 1 drop – helps reduce inflammation and redness, promotes skin healing
- Lavender – 1 drop – calms and relaxes skin, promotes good sleep, reduces inflammation
- Combine all ingredients in a small container (one with a lid works best – that way you can shake all ingredients together)
- Dab a cotton ball into the mixture
- Apply mixture under eyes, making sure to keep cotton ball as far away from the eye as possible.