I just LOVE old furniture! We have lots of wooden pieces in our home that have been very “loved” over the past few years.. and by loved, I mean used.
Plus we have two cats, and LOTS of dust.
So… I needed to come up with a way to repair scratches and to repel dust. I didn’t want to use some of the commercial because I know that my son will be crawling and walking before long, which means that he will be putting his mouth on every surface possible!
Which is why I created a beeswax furniture polish to fix scratches and boost shine as well as an essential oil furniture polish to clean and repel dust.
Beeswax Furniture Polish
- 1 cup Beeswax
- 3 cups oil (I used Olive Oil)
- 10 drops Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- 10 drops Sandalwood Essential Oil
- 10 drops Tangerine Essential Oil
- Melt beeswax on a double boiler
- Add in olive oil once beeswax is fully melted
- Stir well and remove from heat
- Let cool for 1 minute
- Stir in essential oils
- Pour into one or two airtight containers
Essential Oil Furniture Polish (kills germs and shines furniture!)
- 1 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Vinegar (I used Apple Cider Vinegar, but White Vinegar will do as well)
- 20 drops Sandalwood Essential Oil
- 10 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
** Shake well before use!