Ah summer. It’s warm, sunny, and brings along one of my favorite events: the farmer’s market!
I just love to buy produce from our local farmers because it is often cheaper than the supermarket, it lasts longer, it tastes better, and I know where it comes from.
Needless to say, I always get a little excited, so I buy a lot of produce.
This recipe is for one of my favorite quick summer salads. I make it a variety of ways: sometimes with cucumbers, sometimes with fresh green beans. Either way, it’s always a hit!
Plus, the homemade dressing really knocks it out of the park.
- 1 large cucumber (mine was seedless, but it doesn’t matter) OR 3 cups fresh green beans, chopped
- 2 fresh tomatoes
- 4 green onions
- It’s so easy! Chop everything up and mix together!
- Olive Oil
- Vinegar (this time I used Apple Cider Vinegar, most times I use Red Wine Vinegar)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Black pepper to taste
- Mason Jar
- Mix the Olive Oil and vinegar in a 4:1 ratio (more olive oil than vinegar, of course)
- Add in salt, garlic powder, and pepper
- Shake well!
- I used about half of my dressing on the salad. I make this often and use it ALL the time.
Note: it’s best to make this salad right before serving. If you have to refrigerate it, hold the dressing until you are ready to eat.