When I see September on my calendar I think of crisp air, leaves changing colors, pumpkins, and everything that goes along with my favorite season.
Even before I can buy a pumpkin or get my mums to bloom, I’m anxious to make my house smell like Fall.
If you feel the same way about Autumn weather, you’ll love this essential oil blend.
- 5 Drops Clove Essential oil
- To me, clove smells like fall. It has this rich, warm, earthy smell that just makes you want to breathe in deeply and be filled up. This is an oil that you’ll want to keep away from skin, eyes, and other mucous membranes as it can irritate them if used neat. Do not use clove essential oil if pregnant.
- 2 Drops Ginger Essential Oil
- Ginger is great for so many things. From stomach aches to arthritis, this oil works wonders. It has a spicy aroma that fills the home with richness.
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- Cinnamon is a go-to fall scent. I prefer the use of a cinnamon stick to cinnamon essential oil because I was burned by it once. Plus, cinnamon sticks give any blend an interesting texture and scent.
- Blend all oils together
- Add in cinnamon stick
- Place on the stove in a small pot of boiling water OR add to a warming dish with a few drops of jojoba or sweet almond oils.
You can even use this blend as a potpourri freshener for dried botanicals that have lost some of their scent. I just add in the oils to my potpourri and stir.
Enjoy the smells of Autumn in your home.