Started with disposables then turned to cloth? Have an extra Diaper Genie? Or just want to use your Diaper Genie for cloth diapers?
Well, I’m here to tell you: it’s possible!
Some people claim that diapers have more of an ammonia smell when they are kept closed, but I love using the diaper genie to contain all of the “stink”. I’m not a fan of having an open wet bag around our home.
This weekend, I decided it was time. We are all cloth now, so our diaper genie wasn’t being used. It was a quick, easy fix that I’m happy to share with you!
Okay, so this is REALLY easy!
What you’ll need:
- Mesh laundry bag (or you could go to Etsy and buy a wet bag specifically for this!) I prefer the mesh bag because it is more breathable for the diapers and it is much cheaper (mine was $2.00!)
- Diaper Genie
- Empty Diaper Genie cartridge
What to do:
- Set your empty blue Diaper Genie cartridge in it’s proper spot.
- Pressing the foot pedal, insert the mesh bag into the middle of the Diaper Genie cartridge (bottom of the mesh bag first)
- Let go of the foot pedal, but hold the lid open. Allow the mesh bag to go down into the second compartment
- Holding the lid with one hand, use the other to press the outer edge of the mesh bag opening into the slits of the Diaper Genie cartridge
- If you have a drawstring (like mine) you’ll want to attach it to the back of the Diaper Genie lid. It makes closing the Diaper Genie much easier
Voila! That’s all! You can throw the mesh bag in the wash with your diapers to keep it smelling fresh. I line dry my bag along with my diaper covers.