Weight: 185.2 lbs.
Start Weight: 184.0 lbs.
Lost: 0.0 lbs. (gained – 1.2 lb.)
Feeling: A little better each day.
So I broke down and bought a new scale this week. Mine’s very, very antiquated. I mean, like stone age.
Since my weight was going up, I thought (just like every “fit” person does): “Oh, I must be gaining muscle.” Right?
I got a Vitagoods Digital Body Analyzer scale to see how I stood with my muscle mass, percent of body weight, water weight, bone density, etc. Needless to say, I’m not proud of my results, but I’m doing something to change them.
Here’s the stats:
- Weight to goal: 55.2 lbs.
- My goal is 130, which would put me in the “normal” range.
- Body fat percentage 43.1%
- This number should be between 19.1% and 28% for my age and gender. The very high range is anything greater than 31%…. Uh oh.
- Total Body Water: 44.8%
- This number should be greater than 56% for my age and gender. I did some research and found that I should be drinking around 120 oz. of water a day. That’s almost a gallon! I’m lucky if I do one 16 oz. glass each day. Maybe this has something to do with my problem?
- Muscle: 30.7%
- This number should be greater than 34% for women. I’m not too far off, but for my age, I definitely should be meeting this.
- Bone Density: 6.4
- It looks like mine should be around 5.5, so I’m a little high there. I don’t really know a lot about bone mass/density, so I’ll have to do a little researching on this.
Well, I wasn’t expecting to GAIN! Ugh, I hate seeing the scale go up. But I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: it’s not about the number on the scale. It’s about how I feel.
And… I feel… better! (not super, but better!!)
Yes! Finally! I’m starting to feel better! Hallelujah!
I definitely think this is directly related to dairy… and/or the slight increase in thyroid medication… and/or the adrenal supports and tumeric.
Whatever it is. It’s working! It’s just so nice to feel like a normal person again. I can actually think straight.
Your turn: Let me know how you are feeling. What seems to be working for you? Any good recipes or tips? I’d love to hear.