It’s been so long since I’ve updated! I have so much to share with you all. Fast forward 4 months from when I last posted… (I know, it’s a lot of time to be quiet, but you’ll understand why). I’ve re-evaluated things, re-worked the plan, and came up with three things to tell you.
- New Plan
- After eliminating gluten and diary for quite some time, I realized that these were not the culprits of my weight gain. While I did feel great abstaining from them, it just wasn’t a practical diet change for my family.
- I’ve realized one thing: weight loss is about consistency. It’s hard to be consistent in our day-to-day lives. I’m the type of person who goes gung-ho for a few weeks, then stops cold turkey because I don’t see results. However, this doesn’t work with weight loss.
- Time for a new plan. I just needed some HELP! (see point #2)
- New Trainer
- I was lucky enough to win 8 months of training from a fellow blogger and CPT, Ashley Diane of Bodymorphit ( https://www.facebook.com/bodymorphitofficial ).
- Ashley’s program is like NOTHING I’ve ever tried. I mean, for the past three months I went from hardly being able to walk up the stairs to bench pressing 40+ lbs.! She custom designed a program to fit my needs, checks up on me each week, and even continues to set new goals.
- All this new training brought on a new outlook…
- New Outlook
- It’s possible. I never thought I’d say that about my fitness goals. I never thought I’d even be able to have “fitness” goals. I’ve never really been a “fit” person, but now I can see myself becoming that.
- It feels great! I’ve never felt better in my life. I feel strong, healthy, and in control.
- If I can, you can! It’s not about doing anything fancy, it’s about staying consistent with what you do.
- Meaning: DON’T GIVE UP. Stick with it. It took three months for me to start seeing results even with help. But I’m like an avalanche – once I start, only God can stop me!
So what do the stats look like after 3 months of training:
Weight Loss: -4.2 lbs
Inches lost: 28.2 (Yes, that’s not a typo!)
While you might think 4.2 is only a small loss, in light of the lost inches it is huge! I’ve basically been building muscle for three months, which weighs much more than fat.
And like I’ve always said, it’s not about loosing weight. It’s about feeling better!
Want to see updated progress photos? Follow me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/thewisewife