It’s winter and I’m summer dreaming. My favorite summer smells are anything citrus, especially lime. I love the freshness and brightness that it brings into my home. When combined with ginger, lime gets this deep, sweetly herbaceous scent that is just divine!
Another thing I love: body scrubs! They make your skin feel silky smooth and give it such a wonderful glow. I’ve made several different types of sugar scrubs including this Citrus Sugar Scrub that is another wonderful summery scrub.
The recipe I’m about to share will work with both salt and sugar, but will work on skin differently depending on which one you use. For the full breakdown, check out my post on Sugar or Salt, Making an Effective Scrub .
And one more link for you: If this recipe doesn’t float your boat, I’ve got a list of the 50 Best Sugar Scrub Recipes!
Now, without further ado, the Lime and Ginger Sugar Scrub.
This recipe is fairly easy!
- 1 Lime
- 1/2 cup coarse sea salt
- 1/2 cup fine sea salt (or table salt)
- 4 drops Lime Essential Oil
- 2 Drops Ginger Essential Oil
- 1 tbsp. Jojoba Oil
1. Start with the juice from 1/2 a lime
2. Add in 1/2 cup of Coarse Sea Salt and stir
3. Add in the juice from the other 1/2 of the lime
4. Add in 1/2 cup Fine Sea Salt (regular table salt will work here as well) and stir
5. Add in 1 tbsp of jojoba oil (grapeseed, sweet almond, and olive oil will also work well for this) and stir
6. Add in essential oils (4 drops lime and 2 drops ginger) and stir (you can even shake it up if you have a mason jar like me
7. Enjoy! If you don’t plan on using this recipe immediately, you can store this in your refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
My favorite way to use this scrub is in the shower or on my face as an early morning wakeup call. It’s perfect for winter and summer!
Other benefits include:
- Anti-inflammatory. Ginger is known to reduce inflammation
- Stress relieving
- Astringent. (Lime essential oil is an astringent)
Trust me, your skin will thank you for this scrub!