When the weather gets colder, my drinks get warmer!
Normally I am a hot chocolate fan, but lately I’ve been searching for something less caloric. I’ve always loved apple cider, so when I saw Kauffman’s Fruit Farm’s awesome single serve Spices for Hot Mulled Cider, Tea or Other Juices, I was intrigued.
One box contains 8 single serve tea bags filled with everything you need to make amazing cider or tea. It’s seriously super easy to have home grown, preservative free cider!
My favorite part? I can buy no sugar added juice to make my own low sugar version of this amazing treat.
But I didn’t want to just make a traditional cider, I wanted to spice things up. After thinking about my favorite holiday flavors, I decided to make a hot mulled Cranberry Orange Cider.
It’s the perfect beverage to serve hot or cold at your Thanksgiving or Christmas meals. It would look simply gorgeous served cold in a punch bowl with floating cranberries and oranges, or served hot in your festive holiday glasses.
It’s also caffeine free, so it is a great choice for children and parents alike.
Please note: I am partnering with Kauffman’s Fruit Farm as a blog ambassador. I have received these Kauffman’s Fruit Farm products for free; however, all opinions remain my own.
Makes 4 servings
- 4 cups Apple Juice (no sugar added)
- 1 handful of cranberries (10-15 berries)
- 1 orange
- 3 Packets of Kauffman’s Fruit Farm Spices for Hot Mulled Cider, Tea or Other Juices.
- In a medium saucepan, combine apple juice and cranberries.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer
- Cut orange in half and squeeze the juice into the pan (watch out for seeds!)
- Allow the cider to simmer until the cranberries pop
- Turn off the heat and add 3 packets of Kauffman’s Fruit Farm Spices
- Allow to rest for 4-5 minutes, then strain, pour and enjoy! – Makes 4 servings.
I absolutely love to have a cup of this in the afternoon when I need a quick pick-me-up. It’s the perfect warm, sweet, and healthy drink for morning or evening.
There’s lots of other possibilities with these mulled cider spice bags a well. Spiced Caramel Cider, Orange Spiced Cider, Spiced Hot Cocoa, and the list goes on!
Want to win some apple cider and some of the awesome spice packs I used for this recipe? Now you can! Kauffman’s is having a giveaway the entire month of November!
Looking for more fall snacks? Check out this post on 3 Fast and Easy Fall Recipes.