We’re down to the wire now! Just 6 short weeks (or less!) until we get to meet Baby V #2.
This week I’m packing my bags, washing baby’s clothes, and putting the finishing touches on the nursery. I want to finish things because my near constant braxton hicks contractions are telling me that this baby may be early.
That being said, I’m making packing for the hospital even easier this time. All of my toiletries (plus some extra goodies) came in one easy purchase – The Earth Mama Angel Baby “Big Push Birth and Baby Pack.” Seriously the most awesome pack of natural goodness to bring to the hospital.
I can’t wait to tell you all about it!
Note: I received this pack in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own.
There are a many reasons why I’m in love with Earth Mama Angel Baby products.
First of all, the company was founded by a mom who is way more than a mom (she’s also a nurse and herbalist). The company cares about supporting and encouraging moms through all stages of pregnancy and postpartum.
Earth Mama Angel Baby products are:
- Made from safe and worry-free ingredients
- Hospital recommended
- Well researched and recommended
- Organic and Natural
- USDA Certified 100% Organic teas
In all the products I’ve ever used, I have never found a questionable ingredient… and trust me, you know that I look very closely at ingredient lists. I feel 100% comfortable using these products around my family.
Plus, I find that Earth Mama Angel Baby products are much more affordable than other comparable organic products. Many times, when I review a product, I know that I will never be able to afford the full priced version, but not this time. I’ve purchased EMAB products before and I plan to purchase again in the future. They are just that worth it!
So let’s talk about the Big Push Birth and Baby Kit.
What’s in it?
- New Mama Bottom Spray 4 fl. oz.
- When I had my first son, I went into labor and delivery never knowing what “postpartum care” truly meant. During labor I had a stage 4 tear that required quite a few stitches and was EXTREMELY painful for the next two weeks. How I wish I had this New Mama Bottom Spray for my sore bottom needs. I’m thinking I may need to order a gallon of this after seeing how nicely it sprays, how lovely it smells, and how wonderfully natural and soothing the ingredients are.
- Mama Bottom Balm 2 fl. oz.
- Another “big relief” item for anyone who has perineal tears, hemorrhoids, or an episiotomy. Made with ingredients like: shea butter, Calendula Flower Extract, Yarrow, and St. John’s wort, which I’ve used many of these to treat cuts and sprains in other situations. I have no doubt that this little balm is going to work wonders.
- Organic Monthly Comfort Tea 1 box
- At first, I wasn’t sure why this tea was in a post partum pack, since I’m praying Aunt Flo stays away for quite some time while I breastfeed. However, I quickly realized that the tea (Cinnamon Spice flavored) is made with Lady’s Mantle, lemon balm, nettles, alfalfa and ginger to ease cramping and hormones. Plus, this tea is USDA organic and Non-GMO Project Verified, so you know there are no harmful pesticides or additives.
- Natural Nipple Butter 1 fl. oz.
- My favorite part about this nipple butter is that it is lanolin free! That means no need to wash off before nursing again. Made with just pure oils, extracts and waxes, this nipple butter is perfect for any nursing mom. It feels extra smooth and smells a little like chocolate (probably a from the cocoa seed butter and shea butter). Even though this jar is only 1 fl. ounce, a little bit goes a long way!!
- Postpartum Bath Herbs 1 box
- At first, I thought this was actually for the bath tub. However, you can use these little pads in a sitz bath or directly on your perineum to ease swelling and speed up the healing of perineal tears, bruising, and overall soreness. Again, I’ll call this another “big relief” item that will be making its way to the hospital with me. I know I’ll need all the help I can get!
- Organic Cotton Tote
- Obviously this little guy is just adorable and makes things so much easier to keep together!
- Angel Baby Shampoo & Body Wash 50 ml.
- Who really wants to use the hospital provided soap? It’s likely laden with chemicals, SLS, and fragrance. After all, I’ve avoided chemicals this entire pregnancy, so I’m certainly not going to give my little boy anything but the best for his very first bath! This soap/shampoo has no tears, no chemicals, and no harmful ingredients so baby’s skin will stay smooth, soft, and clean naturally. Plus the natural orange vanilla scent is so relaxing (and it comes from natural vanilla fruit extract/sweet orange oil). It’s the perfect travel size too!
- Angel Baby Oil 1 fl. oz.
- There are just three ingredients to this baby oil, but that’s all it needs! I always love giving my little ones infant massages because it helps with bonding and relaxation. Plus, this oil is ideal for cradle cap and dry skin too!
- Angel Baby Lotion 2 fl. oz.
- Also in the ultra relaxing orange vanilla scent, I’m pretty much in love with this lotion. I’m not sure if I’ll use it more or baby will. It’s perfect for daily moisturizing.
- Angel Baby Bottom Balm 1 fl. oz.
- Cloth diaper safe! A super duper plus for us because it’s hard to find a cloth diaper safe cream these days. It’s made with organic oils and butters plus a mix of herbs and essential oils. I think it smells mainly of lavender, which is good because lavender is my favorite smell in the whole world. As with the nipple balm, a little bit of this will go a long way.